Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

Mommy Tested, Kid Approved- Club Style Chicken Enchiladas


When my husband and I were newly weds I would get some recipe magazines in the mail (thanks to my mother-in-law).  One day while looking for some yummy dinner ideas I found a Club Style Turkey Enchilada recipe.  Being that my husband doesn't particularly care for turkey I substituted the ingredient for chicken.  It was delicious and a favorite.  As we began to have children the time available after the cleaning, homework, laundry, working, etc making the enchiladas took up a lot of time with our busy schedules.  So I decided to try it out in the crock pot (you'll realize how much I LOVE crock pot meals and how awesome it is for a busy family).  SOOOOO much quicker and easier.  All three boys LOVE these, even my picky 4 year old.


Creamy Chicken Enchiladas with White Sauce - A Family Feast
  •  8-10 bacon strips, chopped
  • 10 ounces cooked chicken, shredded
  • 1 (7 oz) package sliced swiss cheese
  • salt, to taste
  • pepper, to taste
  • Package flour tortillas
  • 1 jar (16 ounces) Alfredo sauce
Mix chicken, bacon, salt and pepper in a bowl.  In slow cooker: 1st layer 1/2 of meat, then 1/3 of alfredo, 1/3 swiss cheese, then add two layers of tortillas (I tear mine into quarters).  Now repeat layers.  Top with remaining alfredo sauce and swiss cheese.  Sprinkle with pepper.  Cook on high for an 1 hr - 1 1/2 hrs or on low for longer (until cheese is melted and enchiladas and warmed through).

No comments:

Post a Comment